NWMT • July 22, 2015
Two Loudon Wins In A Row For Connecticut Native
LOUDON, N.H. (July 17, 2015) â€" Not even the late-race invert of the leaders could derail Woody Pitkat’s plans to return to Victory Lane at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Pitkat took the lead for the sixth and final time in the last circuit of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour’s All-Star Shootout and held off Ryan Preece and Donny Lia in a dash to the finish in Friday’s 35-lap non-points event.
Leading at the Lap 20 break, an invert of the top six in the running order sent Pitkat from the first to the third rows to restart with 15 to go. He quickly moved his way back into contention and to the lead with three to go. As the three-way battle developed, Preece held the point position at the white flag, but Pitkat came out on top.
It marked the second victory in a row for Pitkat at the â€œMagic Mile.â€ He won the 100-lap points race there last September.
Preece crossed the finish line second and Lia held on for third. Justin Bonsignore followed in fourth with Bobby Santos fifth. Ted Christopher, Eric Goodale, Ron Silk, Ryan Newman and Andy Seuss brought home the top 10.
The All-Star Shootout consisted of a 20-car field that primarily featured champions and race winners from NASCAR’s Whelen Modified and Whelen Southern Modified Tours who were pre-qualified for the special event.
The dash format produced plenty of urgency from the competitors that resulted in 14 official lead changes in just 35 laps.
The All-Star Shootout will premiere on NBCSN on July 23 at 4:30 p.m.
The Whelen Modified Tour will return to action Saturday at New Hampshire for the Andy Blacksmith 100 presented by Donate Life New England at 2 p.m.
NASCAR Whelen Modified - Whelen Southern Modified Tours-All-Star Shootout Results
At New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Lap length: 1.058 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (0) Woody Pitkat, Stafford, Conn., Chevrolet, 35 laps, 95.288 mph.
2. (0) Ryan Preece, Berlin, Conn., Chevrolet, 35.
3. (0) Donny Lia, Jericho, N.Y., Chevrolet, 35.
4. (0) Justin Bonsignore, Holtsville, N.Y., Chevrolet, 35.
5. (0) Bobby Santos, Franklin, Mass., Chevrolet, 35.
6. (0) Ted Christopher, Plainville, Conn., Chevrolet, 35.
7. (0) Eric Goodale, Riverhead, N.Y., Chevrolet, 35.
8. (0) Ron Silk, Norwalk, Conn., Chevrolet, 35.
9. (0) Ryan Newman, South Bend, Ind., Chevrolet, 35.
10. (0) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 35.
11. (0) Todd Szegedy, Ridgefield, Conn., Chevrolet, 35.
12. (0) Keith Rocco, Wallingford, Conn., Chevrolet, 35.
13. (0) Gary Putnam, Vernon, Conn., Chevrolet, 35.
14. (0) Dave Salzarulo, Enfield, Conn., Chevrolet, 33.
15. (0) Patrick Emerling, Orchard Park, N.Y., Chevrolet, 30.
16. (0) Rowan Pennink, Huntingdon Valley, Pa., Chevrolet, 20, overheating.
17. (0) Timmy Solomito, Islip, N.Y., Ford, 14, overheating.
18. (0) Ken Heagy, Calverton, N.Y., Chevrolet, 12, electrical.
19. (0) Jamie Tomaino, Howell, N.J., Chevrolet, 5, handling.
20. (0) Doug Coby, Milford, Conn., Chevrolet, 4, accident.
Time of Race: 0 hours 23 minutes 19 seconds
Margin of Victory: 0.078 seconds
Caution Flags: 2 for 3 laps.
Lead Changes: 14 among 5 drivers.
Lap Leaders: Woody Pitkat 1-5, Eric Goodale 6, Woody Pitkat 7-14, Bobby Santos 15, Woody Pitkat 16, Bobby Santos 17-18, Woody Pitkat 19-20, Ryan Preece 21, Donny Lia 22-24, Ryan Preece 25, Donny Lia 26-27, Ryan Preece 28-31, Woody Pitkat 32, Ryan Preece 33-34, Woody Pitkat 35.
Copyright Whelen Engineering Co, Inc 2017