NWSMT • September 30, 2013
ASHEBORO, N.C. (Sept. 28, 2013) â€“ Andy Seuss found himself in familiar territory on Saturday night â€“ Victory Lane at Caraway Speedway.
Nearly three weeks after winning at the .455-mile oval for the first time since Oct. 2011, Seuss was right back there after winning the Zooland 150. It was the Hampstead, N.H., driverâ€™s eighth win at the track and the 14th of his tour career which gives him sole possession of second place on the all-time wins list.
Second-place finisher George Brunnhoelzl III â€“ the career leader with 20 Southern Modified victories â€“ extended his lead in the point standings to 30 over Kyle Ebersole with just two races remaining. Brunnhoelzl was right there with Seuss, who led a race-high 88 laps, down the stretch, but could never mount a solid challenge for the lead. Brunnhoelzl is looking for his third straight tour title and fourth overall.
John Smith matched his season-best finish of third, which he recorded his last time out at Caraway on Sept. 8, en route to his fourth straight top-five finish while J.R. Bertuccio and Jason Myers finished in fourth and fifth, respectively.
Danny Bohn, Bryan Dauzat, Burt Myers, Gary Putnam and Mike Norman completed the top 10.
Earlier in the day, Burt Myers won his second consecutive Coors Light Pole Award and 26th of his career to extend his career mark in that category.
The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour returns to the track Saturday, Oct. 5 for the G-Oil 150 at Southern National Raceway Park in Kenly, N.C., to make up a race that was postponed due to weather on Sept. 21.
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour-Zooland 150 Results
At Caraway Speedway
Lap length: 0.455 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (2) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 150 laps, 71.073 mph.
2. (3) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
3. (7) John Smith, Mount Airy, NC, Chevrolet, 150.
4. (9) J.R. Bertuccio, Centerrach, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
5. (13) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
6. (8) Danny Bohn, Freehold, NJ, Chevrolet, 150.
7. (12) Bryan Dauzat, Alexandria, LA, Chevrolet, 150.
8. (1) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, NC, Ford, 150.
9. (15) Gary Putnam, Concord, NC, Chevrolet, 150.
10. (14) Mike Norman, Lewisville, NC, Chevrolet, 148.
11. (10) A.J. Winstead, Richmond, VA, Chevrolet, 147.
12. (5) Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, PA, Ford, 147.
13. (16) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 147.
14. (4) Tim Brown, Rural Hall, N.C., Chevrolet, 139.
15. (6) Luke Fleming, Mount Airy, NC, Ford, 128, accident.
16. (11) David Calabrese, Toms River, N.J., Chevrolet, 65, rear end.
Time of Race: 0 hours 57 minutes 37 seconds
Margin of Victory: .456 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: B. Myers (102.980 mph, 15.906 seconds)
Caution Flags: 4 for 19 laps.
Lead Changes: 1 among 2 drivers.
Lap Leaders: B. Myers 1-62; A. Seuss 63-150.
Standings: 1. G. Brunnhoelzl,III, 423; 2. K. Ebersole, 393; 3. A. Seuss, 384; 4. B.
Myers, 377; 5. T. Brown, 368; 6. J. Smith, 362; 7. J. Myers, 354; 8. G. Putnam, 349; 9.
L. Fleming, 328; 10. J. Bertuccio, 325.
Copyright Whelen Engineering Co, Inc 2017