Summary: Plans and designs manufacturing processes for a production facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline
- Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline.
- Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus
- Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role—continuing to develop specialized knowledge.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs, applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods, testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Provides training and ongoing support on manufacturing systems.
- Will support mechanical production specific processes such as blanking, cutting, forming, hardware insertion, welding, coating, machining, turning, casting, molding, inspection.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems.
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- BA/BS degree w/2–4+ years’ experience or MA/MS degree w/0–2+ years’ experience.
Physical Demands & Abilities
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Position will require sitting, walking, or standing for at least 40 hours per week.
- Regularly performs repetitive task.
- Able to stand for entire shift.
- Overtime as required.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and third parties. This ability to communicate requires the employee to be conversant in English as most of our workforce and the third parties that we encounter only speak English.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All Employees Shall
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards.
- Attend scheduled EH&S training program.
- Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans.
- Recommend improved EH&S practices.
Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and third parties. This ability to communicate requires the employee to be conversant in English as the majority of our workforce and the third parties that we encounter only speak English.
The incumbent is responsible for complying with the policies in Whelen’s “Employee Handbook”.
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.
Whelen Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.