Summary: Performs outside maintenance
Duties and responsibilities
- Under minimal supervision, maintains the outside of the facilities.
- Makes sure all lawns and grounds are maintained.
- Adapts to new procedures, techniques, tools, material and or equipment to meet the more complex requirements of the position
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals
- Mows and dresses up the grounds.
- Prepares all gardens so they look the best they can.
- Knowledge of Whelen procedures policies
- Run the equipment that you are qualified on with care.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with employees and supervisor
- Remove snow and maintain a safe working environment.
- Has advanced and specialized expertise, typically developed through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
- Completes assignments on a daily basis.
- Proposes improvements to processes
- Works autonomously within established procedures and practices
Education and Experience
- High School w/5+ years’ experience.
Physical demands and abilities
- Able to lift 35 pounds
- Regularly performs repetitive tasks
- Able to stand for entire shift