Summary: Performs moderate manufacturing/operations technical support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies intermediate and some advanced skills to perform functions of the position within assigned area
- May adapt new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet the more complex requirements functions of the position
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning, and checking the work of other employees
- Troubleshoots, inspects, and repairs operations machinery
- Performs preventative maintenance on production machines per a schedule
- Maintains and repairs all electrical, pneumatic hydraulic and/or mechanical machinery in electronic production and the machine shop
- Maintains accurate records for all machinery that require a preventative maintenance (PM) schedule and or require an unscheduled repair
- Informs lead of any undesirable maintenance trends such as frequent machine repairs
- Documents PM Methodology for each machine by event. (i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Works with Production Control to minimalize down time
- Works with machine operators to resolve machine problems
- Has developed skills through formal training or considerable work experience
- Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision
Education and Experience
- High School w/1-3 + years’ experience or AA/AS/Technical School w/6 months experience
Physical demands and abilities
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Regularly performs repetitive tasks
- Able to stand entire shift
- Ability to climb up and down an 8ft ladder
- Regularly possesses manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All Employees Shall
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Attend scheduled EH&S training program
- Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
- Recommend improved EH&S practices
Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and third parties. This ability to communicate requires the employee to be conversant in English as the majority of our workforce and the third parties that we encounter only speak English.
The incumbent is responsible for complying with the policies in Whelen’s “Employee Handbook.”
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.
Whelen Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.