Summary: Plans, designs, and supports manufacturing processes for the Production Facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands core concepts in Manufacturing Engineering. Will grow into a Manufacturing Engineering production support role with a specialty in Aviation lighting products.
- Capable of reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confers with Engineering peers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Provides DFMA (Design for Manufacturing and Assembly) input for new product development of Aviation related designs.
- Possesses basic mechanical systems knowledge/understanding to be able to aid in the design and fabrication of manufacturing fixtures.
- Supports the manufacturing of prototype and pre-production products.
- Provides training and ongoing support to manufacturing personnel.
- Assists with improving production efficiency through “hands-on” work with the Production floor and utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering w/0–2+ years’ experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Entry-level experience with 3D modeling software such as Solidworks, Creo, etc.
- Basic machine shop experience and strong mechanical aptitude is a plus.
Physical demands and abilities
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Regularly performs repetitive tasks
- Able to stand entire shift
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.