Summary: Maintains materials compliance for products and ensures that organization complies with all materials regulatory requirements for the products it sells.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the organization, including affiliates, comply with materials regulations such as Prop65, REACH, RoHS, TSCA, and Conflict Minerals.
- Maintain a database of materials for purchased and manufactured goods as well as supplier compliance declarations.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding material compliance as needed.
- Assist product development and support engineers as they develop new products and improve existing products to ensure compliance regulations are met.
- Monitor changes to regulatory requirements and recommend actions to maintain compliance of active products.
- Respond to customer compliance requests.
- Propose and implement changes necessary in the production environment due to regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met on products with regards to labeling, packaging artwork, and instruction booklets.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize activities.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively by e-mail, by phone, and in person.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to maintain records related to product registrations.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and a general knowledge of raw materials used in manufacturing.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams, customers, & suppliers.
- Good analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in materials compliance or similar role. BA/BS degree in an applicable field preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with industry standard materials compliance software is preferred.