Come join the motivated team at Whelen Engineering Company here in beautiful Charlestown, NH. Our state-of-the-art facility is located on a well-manicured campus that complements the surroundings of our rural community.
Whelen Engineering is seeking out ambitious individuals to learn a solid career in our Metalizing-Machine Maintenance Department.
Here at Whelen we have a proud history of vertical integration and metalizing is no exception. We routinely sputter coat aluminum onto polycarbonate substrates for the purpose of reflecting LED light in any number of our emergency lighting products.
The right candidate will be teamed up with one of our experienced staff members to learn the basics of vacuum metalizing and system maintenance.
Come be a member of our dynamic maintenance team.
Provides basic manufacturing/operations technical support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies basic and some intermediate skills to perform functions in the execution of existing procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to the position within assigned area
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Troubleshoots, inspect & repairs all metalizer machinery and components.
- Performs preventative maintenance on metalizer machines per a schedule.
- Maintains all electrical, pneumatic hydraulic and/or mechanical machinery including conveyors, fixtures and robots.
- Preform sand blasting of metalizer components and fixtures.
- Assists in maintaining accurate records for all machinery that require a preventative maintenance (PM) schedule and or require an unscheduled repair.
- Informs lead of any undesirable maintenance trends such as frequent machine repairs.
- Assists in documenting PM Methodology for each machine by event. i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly.
- Assists in rescheduling maintenance as necessary.
- Understands and adheres to the company quality standards.
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Coordinate planned machine downtime both Maintenance and Metalizer Supervisors and Leads.
- Duties are clearly defined, and methods and tasks are described in detail
- Must be able to be on a call-in list for metalizer emergency repairs.
- Must be able to work with operators to troubleshoot issues with automation.
- Assist Molding Machine Maintenance team when necessary
Education & Experience
- High School w/1 + years’ experience or AA/AS Technical School w/0-1 years’ expereince
- Ability to work in a high volume, high detail work environment.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions.
Physical Demands & Abilities
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Regularly performs repetitive task
- Able to stand for entire shift.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and third parties. This ability to communicate requires the employee to be conversant in English as the majority of our workforce and the third parties that we encounter only speak English.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All Employees Shall
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Attend scheduled EH&S training program
- Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
- Recommend improved EH&S practices
Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and third parties. This ability to communicate requires the employee to be conversant in English as the majority of our workforce and the third parties that we encounter only speak English.
The incumbent is responsible for complying with the policies in Whelen’s “Employee Handbook”.
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.