Leads the development of the go-to-market strategy for Whelen products, including identifying target customers, defining the positioning and messaging, and developing marketing campaigns to promote the product. The Product Marketing Manager collaborates with the Marketing team and Product Management (Engineering) to successfully bring Whelen’s new products to market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Product Management to define the unique value proposition of the product to the target customers.
- Works with the Marketing team to define key messages and benefits for the development of marketing materials i.e., literature, website copy, social media content, trade show booths, etc.
- Works with the Sales team on product launch to ensure a smooth rollout. This includes providing the sales team with the necessary tools and resources such as product demos, sales collateral etc. to effectively sell the product.
- Interacts with internal and external customers by meeting regularly and attending conferences, trade shows, and other relevant sales meetings.
- Performs maintenance on product advertising, promotions, market advisories, catalogs, competitive surveillance, and website & DAM (Digital Asset Management) content.
- Assists in developing and identifying new work processes and improved utilization of human and material resources to improve efficiency and costs.
- Partners with the Training team to identify and execute key training initiatives (product related)
- Collaborates with Product Management to analyze and identify sales trends to help determine marketing priorities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preference for Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Product Management or Marketing for a B2B manufacturing company with distribution channels
- Effective communication, collaboration, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experience as a cross-functional team member who can influence others to accomplish a common goal
- Digital literacy including Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
Physical demands and abilities
- Ability to travel 20% of the time including overnight travel
All Employees Shall
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Attend scheduled EH&S training program
- Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
- Recommend improved EH&S practices
Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and third parties. This ability to communicate requires the employee to be conversant in English as the majority of our workforce and the third parties that we encounter only speak English.
The incumbent is responsible for complying with the policies in Whelen’s “Employee Handbook.”
Whelen Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company’s discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.