MA:0004 • 4/08/2022
Whelen Engineering is proud to announce the release of the highly anticipated WeCanX® Tracer™. A thoughtful redesign of the popular light arrays provides significant improvements in functionality, configurability, and performance. With this new release we also announce a Product End of Life (EOL) notice for the original Tracer Series models.
Engineered to increase vehicle visibility, the Tracers now connect over the WeCanX network and offer more customization than ever before. Though similar in design to its predecessor, the new Tracer uses enhanced optics to provide dynamic lighting output and control. Lightheads are daisy-chained together in lengths of one to six modules, with each module containing four individually controlled segments for contiguous lighting display and expanded configuration to meet a variety of needs. Upgraded lens design and IP67 rating for dust and water resistance improve performance and durability.
WeCanX Tracers are now available to order and can be configured in WeCad™.
- Dynamic Variable Intensity (DVI™) light patterns
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle Synchronization
- Available in SOLO™ (single color), DUO™ (two color interleaved), or TRIO™ (three color interleaved) modules
- Command programming allows:
- DUO and TRIO modules to operate with a steady override, such as white steady-burn
- Full configurability of Traffic Advisor functionality
- Adjustable intensity levels of cruise light control
- Mounts easily via slide bolt with vehicle specific brackets, universal “L” brackets, or under lightbar brackets
- Works with existing Tracer mounting hardware
- SAE Class 1 certified
- Five-year warranty
- Hard-coated lenses resist environmental damage from sand, sun, salt, and road chemicals